Saturday, 18 December 2010
Those of you with twitter will know this already, but for those of you who don't have it, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I have for the past 2 weeks done 3 days and the nights in between at work. It's tiring but rewarding, and it has meant a bit of a shift in routine. I try very hard to not spend the weekend doing housework, so generally i spend Monday doing housework, Tuesday through to Thursday night at work, and Friday recovering.
This week that was all wonky, as I broke my glasses on Sunday morning. My vision is dreadful, and it as not fun being impaired for a whole day. We happened to be in Aberdeen when it happened too. I spent most of Monday trying to sort that mess out so that I could actually see for going to work. I can happily report that I now have two pairs of specs and some contacts as back up! As a result yesterday, generally my rest day involved doing lots of housework and boring things like going to the bank. On the plus side, the flat look lovely and cosy and shiny, which always makes me a bit calmer!
The things that have really been pushed out by my new schedule are reading - i have read 1 book this week - and crafting. These things I hope to do a little of tomorrow, as well as writing Christmas cards, wrapping presents - we got the last of them today, and some cooking. I miss cooking. I have to work in time for these things where it doesn't feel like a chore.
Today I have had a relaxed day - a trip to the farmer's market, a pulled pork roll, some Christmas shopping, a walk with the husband, lots of Come Dine with Me, and lots of folk music and programmes, tasty lasagne.
I have Monday and Tuesday at work this week, and then I'm off for Christmas. I love my job and adore the family I work for, but it will be so lovely to relax! I have slowly' over yesterday and today begun to really feel like it's nearly Christmas, and I am getting excited!
What has everyone been up to? I am rather out of the loop for the moment!
Monday, 6 December 2010
Good things (because I have been a bit of a grumbler lately)
- Feeling successful at work - I looked after the baby overnight, on my own, and survived it!
- Decorated Christmas trees - We did ours on Wednesday night, and it is a thing of(cluttered) joy
- Mince pies and teeeeaaa - because the are warming and yummy!
- Family lunches - they have always been lovely, but having a wee baby about makes them that much better.
- Actually making it to work, despite 3ft snow and being dropped off on a motorway roundabout! - I felt like Captain Scott.
- Doing Christmas shopping - I did some this morning, and the panic that I had NOTHING has receded somewhat.
Care to share your good things?