- The lovely lady owner of the third blog link there is Siobhan. She tagged me in a meme before I went, and I promised her that I'd do it when I got back! It's no harship as Siobhan is a lovely person, and I really like answering questions!!!
This particular meme is an 'answer seven questions, ask seven questions one, so without any fanfare, here goes....
1. What do you think is your greatest achievement? (and not getting out of bed please!)
This is quite difficult. I don't think I have any really big achievements. I went through quite a hard time at a couple of points during uni, so I supposed I'd say actually leaving Uni with a degree is.
2. What song has the best memories for you?
music for me is all about what you experience while listening to it, so picking one song is really difficult! For the moment, I'll go with 'Angel's Wings' by Social Distortion, as Dave and I had it for our first dance when we got married. It's kind of our 'song', though we both love music so much we have lots.
3. If you could be anywhere else right now where would you be?
Having just got off an 11 hour bus from London this morning, I don't want to be anywhere else! I am really happy sitting on my bed with a cup of tea. If you asked me at any other point, I think I'd say Germany, as it's the main place I am desperate to visit at the moment!
4. What is your favourite book and why?
Siobhan, you write tricky questions. I love books more than most things and have lots of favourites for different reasons, The closest I can narrow down to a favourite is to three, so I'm going to cheat! Thackerey's 'Vanity Fair' because through his tale of Becky Sharp's social climbing,he tells us of the state of the nation at that time, and because I can emapthise with Becky, even though she isn't a particularly likeable character. 'Rebecca' by Daphne du Maurier, because I think it's a very true portrayal of the way love can affect people for the better or for the worse, and because it has a message of atoning for your wrongs, but also of redemption(the copy I have was my mum's, it's a hardback and it's ancient and falling apart, but I can't bear to read a new copy, so I keep taping it back together), and Little Women - which I love for it's opening line, it's deep characters, and a strong message of feminism and strong will running throughout, and because it brings with it happy memories of reading when I was little(which was fortunately very much encouraged!)
5. What is one thing that makes you really, really happy? (shamelessly stolen from Annelise)
Oh Christ, how can I answer that?! I am pretty lucky, lots of things make me really happy. Dave, reading,art, music, cooking, learning, my job. If it's to be a thing/activity rather than a person, then of all of those I think reading is the one I couldn't live without.
6. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
Other than my wedding dress, it's either a black spotty 50's dress or the red spotty dress that inspired my blog header. I am not a small person, and in both of those i feel comfortable, and curvy rather than chubby. Also, spotty things make me happy!
7. What is your favourite past time? (mine is sleep)
Can I cheat and incorporate a few? my favourite pass time is waiting for a cake to finish baking, with a book, some tea and some good music/radio 4 in the background. If I've got that going on things are pretty perfect!
I hope you find my answers satisfactory Siobhan! My seven questions are
1. What really cheesy/bad TV programme can you not help but watch (inspired by Hannah and Serena!)
2. Siobhan asked me about my favourite book, I'd like to know what book you think is terrible, and why!
3. What does you bed linen look like?please feel free to include a photo! This is inspired by my sitting on my cosy bed!
4. What is your favourite quality in yourself (you all have them, so suck it up and pick one!)
5. This one is from Dave - What is the worst injury you have had?
6. Do you listen to the radio/podcasts often, and if yes what do you listen to?
7. If you stay in a hotel, do you take the mini bathroom toiletries home with you?(I do, the ones from our London hotel are Penhaligon's!!!!)
I'm going for new bloggy freinds here, so that I can find out more, I'd quite like everyone else to answer in the comments though!
- Heather, tagged above, has given me a blog award! Thank you Heather, I feel very proud, and I shall give the award it's own post!
- This wee blog has was two years old last week, and I now have over 50 followers! Some sort of giveaway will happen next week!
- A few other bloggy friends and I have hatched a plan(via twitter) for me to host a Christmas themed swap, for which there will be a sign up post soon!
Right, I think that's quite enough information! If you got to the end of this well done, If you want to answer the questions, hurrah and you get a gold star!