Thursday, 8 October 2009

... on somewise words

" Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too
dark to read. "
Groucho Marx


I have gotten up very early two days in a row, and travelled for 10 hours on buses. I have the cold (the husband caught Freshers' flu, and I now seem to have it).

I don't have to do much of anything today, so I shall be spending some time with (according to Marx) man's second best friend. I will be reading 'The Blind Assassin' by Margaret Atwood, and ' The book of a Thousand Days' by Shannon Hale.

There is nothing that makes me feel more comfortable than a cup of tea and a book. :)

P.s. Even with the travelling, the jobs is still great!

2 comments:

Grace said...

wow, that's a lot of bus-riding, but if you can get lost in a good book, i'm sure it's not too awful bad. i love that groucho quote. :)

Lisa-Marie said...

Grace, I have been working there for 2 weeks, and in my 4 days of travelling, I have read 4 books!