Thursday, 1 October 2009

... 10 things to know about me

I have been tagged by the lovely Fay of Dremaing of an Aga. Fay is a lovely person, full of craftiness! She lives life in a way that I think must be very fulfilling, and she is the kind of person I want to be when I grow up (a little bit, she's fun, so she might object to being called grown up).

So, without any further ado, here are 10 things to know about me;

1. I am very, very close to my little sister, sometimes in a very over-protective, parenty way. I love her dearly, she is lovely, And she just got engaged(sorry for spilling your news Hazel)!


2. I DO NOT like peas. or sweetcorn. I was brought up to eat whatever people give me, even if I don't like it, but I can't do it with peas or sweetcorn. The thought of it makes me feel sick!

3. I like cheese alot. Dave and I were given a cheeseboard with fancy knives for Chrsitmas two years ago, and now whenever we have enough money, we buy an assortment of cheeses. It makes us feel posh and grown up!

4.Whilst moving, I have moved six boxes of books to Dundee, and still have at least 8 more. I can't give books away, even if they are rubbish, and I keep buying them. I must always have 6 books I haven't read, or I get a funny uncomfortable feeling.

5. When we look at houses to buy, one of my stipulations is that at some point in our life, I will have a turret room lined with shelves to fill with my books, with a day-bed that fits into a curved window, and a big desk for my sewing machine and art things(hopefully at another window). I will have this at some point. If it could be a two floor turret so that we could have a round kitchen table in the turret with built in seating, that would be lovely.

6. I rarely pay full price for anything other than food. I love charity and bric-a-brac shops, and buy most of my clothes in the sales.

7. I would love a KitchenAid Artisan Mixer in Empire Red. It would complete my kitchen. I have been promised we will get one when we can afford it, and until then, I will continue to dream!

8. I am allergic to latex. No rubber gloves for me!

9. I have never been on an aeroplane. When we go to Poland at Crimble-time, it will be the first time ever, and the flight is over 3 hours. I'm not afraid just now, and I hope it stays that way.

10. This is the first time since I started nursery at the age of 3 that I haven't been in a school environment regularly. I am quite enjoying learning what I choose to learn(though I loved school, and college and Uni)!

Ok, so the people I shall tag to do this are

Lisa D, of Knitting Yarns



5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, i never met anyone else who hates peas! I detest peas so much they actually make me shudder when i look at them. The texture, the taste, the smell is repulsive to me. People think i'm insane, do you get that reaction? I like sweetcon though, totally different to peas. x

Lisa-Marie said...

People think I am insane too. Dave's family mock me endlessly, and pretend they are going to hide peas in my food. Me too with the texture and smell. I think people who like peas are insane!

Serena Cowdy said...

Congratulations on the 1 year blogging anniversary, and thank you so much for tagging me to talk about '10 things'. I love writing that sort of stuff - am excited already!

I think I'll post mine over the w/e or on Monday... (but I'll go and start thinking about it now :)).

PS - I'm very proud to call you my friend, blogging or not!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oo fun! I love reading random facts about people!

And I just love your use of non-American words like turret or whilst. :) makes me grin!

Thanks for tagging me!

Grace said...

no peas and corn? well, i can't judge you because i've only recently learned to like them, and i'm sure i have a long list of things i don't like that normal people love. thanks for sharing some things about yourself!