Monday, 15 June 2009

,,, has been tagged(I love quizzes!)

I have been tagged by the lovely Serena of My Crooked House. You should go have a look at her blog, it is seriously drool-worthy!

Here are the rules...
1. Respond and rework: Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add more one question of your own.
2. tag eight other people.

...And here's the insight into my soul (why did I just hear evil laughter??)

What is your current obsession?
Trying to do as much as possible to counteract the awfulness of the BNP gaining seats in the EU elections.

On a more frivolous level, I am loving home making and baking and cooking. I have realised in the past few weeks that I could be happy being a house wife.

Coffee or tea?
Early grey with milk, strong but cooled a bit.

What’s for dinner?
I don't know yet! Maybe macaroni cheese, maybe lasagne. I am going to make fruit cake for pudding though, mmm fruit cake. I found a recipe for home made Jaffa Cakes too, so I might try them! Oh how healthy!

What would you eat for your last meal?
I'd like to say something really fancy, but I'd probably have pizza and then chocolate cake. If i'm about to die, I'm not going to faff about cooking stuff am I?!

What was the last thing you bought?
Random food shopping, including Ben and Jerry's and some Belgian fruit beer.

What are you listening to right now?

A very, very old tape(!) of Mischief Brew songs

What's the best gift you have ever been given?
The year before last, My now husband gave me my engagement ring for Christmas. Christmas is always my favourite day of the year, but now I have the added memory.

What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
It varies - I love chocolate ice creams, but you cant go wrong with raspberry ripple or mint choc chip. I love all the ice cream!

What do you think of the person(s) who tagged you?

Serena is lovely, she is quirky, and she has good taste!

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
France! I love France!


My M-I-L and I on a cliff in France.
This is taken the day before New Years, it was very cold and very windy!




Which language do you want to learn? I would like to learn to speak French properly, and also Start learning Spanish.

What is your favourite colour?
Red and purple are my favourites! I love rich colours

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
My black and white polka dot 50's dress. It cost £7 in a sale.I have worn it to weddings, to go out, on placement. It can be really dressy with nice shoes and jewellery, or really casual worn over jeans with Converse(which happens more frequently!)
What is your dream job?
I want to be a teacher, and I am well on my way to being one. I would like to be a food writer, but I lack the skill that a writer needs! I would kind of like to be Nigella Lawson too!
What is your worst habit?
I tidy constantly, and I get annoyed if people make even a little mess. I am also a really bad clock-watcher, I constantly want to know what time it is, and then try to fit stuff into the time slot I have before I next have to do something. My poor husband gets antsy about it, but we are never late for anything!

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?
I'd give half of it to my husband so that he could get a decent pick-up for his guitar, and spend the other half on vinyl from the distro at the Lemuria gig on Friday. Records are awesone!

Do you admire anyone’s style?
Most of my freind's are really stylish in thier own way. I like the way The Donna's dress, but then thier style is fairly similar to what I wear.

Describe your personal style?
I am 'jeans, t-shirt and cons/pumps girl' but I like accessories, and cardigans so its kind of dressed up, girly, scruffy. I like a 50's dress or skirt if I am dressing up a bit.

What are you going to do after this?
Tidy up the flat, because its a bit messy and Dave is having band practice so actual people will see it, and then make fruit cake. I will watch One Tree Hill and the Gilmore Girls too.

What are your favourite movies?
Life is Beautiful, Almost Famous, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I like most novel adaptations, and my current guilty pleasure is the Twilight film. I am very excited about the new Harry Potter too
What is your favourite fruit?
Strawberries, Brambles and kiwi, although I like most fruit!

What inspires you?
Happily married old people(Serena's answer, but I agree). People standing up for what they believe. Art, Books and music.

What's your favourite book?
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck are my favourite classic novels, but i love most classics. My favourite contemporary writer's are Anita Shreve and Margaret Atwood, and for light chick lit that is intelligent, I like Polly Williams. That doesn't even begin to cover my reading though!

Do you collect something?
Books. People are always telling me I should give some to charity, but even if I on't really like a book, I can't give it away. I also like wodden boxes and objects, and red/ red spotty things.

What is your favourite smell?
Estee Lauder Youth Dew and Coty L'aimant, becuase those are the perfumes my mum wore, MInt Original source, because thats what Dave smells of most of the time, clean washing and lavender for the freshness, and cinnamony spices, because they are the smells of Christmas.
What are you most proud of?
My sister, because she have gone through life being partially deaf, and with a facial plasy, without using it for sympathy or as an excuse, and becuase when our mum died when she was 16, she was strong way beyond what someone her age would have been expected to.
My husband, because he actually wants to fix all of the injustice in the world, and does what he can within the means he has to do so.
How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up?
If i have to get up, I ma up on the first time. If i don't have to, Dave presses the snooze button a few times. He likes to ' cheat the alarm'
Cats or dogs?
Dogs!
What’s your biggest fashion mistake?
I am going to say track suits(it was a long time ago). they do not look good on anyone. Wat was I thinking?!


Complete the following: Love is…
being with someone who understand you, and who you can count on, and working together.

What is your guilty TV pleasure?
Come Dine with Me - for those who aren't in the UK, it is a series in which each week, 5 strangers cook dinner for each other, and at the end of the week, the one voted the best wins £1000. The banter alone is worth watching it for!

If you could meet one person (dead or alive) who would it be?
This is too hard! I will go with Bruce Springsteen, because I could take Dave and then he would meet his hero.

Lastly, here are my eight taggees(Is that even a word?)

Lisa E
My Wee Sister
Kerri
Hannah!
Erin
Julie
Lynne
Julia

Happy quizzing girlies!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh wow! Thanks so much! I recently got tagged my meg from meg gets crafty- and i was going to tag you!!!

Now I have to find other people to tag! and think of my answers! Yikes!

erin said...

oh my! thanks for the tag...i have a few other of these requests floating around in my inbox! i promise i'll try to get to it one day--it's been a pretty hectic summer so far! thanks for thinking of me!

julochka said...

cool. tagged. now i don't have to think about what to write on wednesday when i'm flying up to oslo. :-)

jlc said...

Yay for France!!

Super cute survey! Loved reading it!